Annons:
Tags:ย tipshow-tos
Read 1431 times
Niklas
2018-04-23 13:28

How to straighten the perspective of photos

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If you see a photo that has been straightened you likely won't notice it. Not unless you see the original. The most common use of straightened photos is for architecture where you want to see things like they were once drawn.

Straightening a photo is relatively easy nowadays. You can do it on your phone and there are apps that do it for free. I like Snapseed from Google. It has one of the easiest to use straightening tools I know. Just open the photo, open Tools and choose Perspective. Then you just drag the corners until the subject is aligned with the horizontal and vertical Help lines.

Snapseed

(Photo by Jordan Bishop)

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
Niklas
2018-04-23 13:30
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

This is the user interface of Snapseeds straightening tool.

Evelina
2018-04-23 15:03

I have used this from time to time. However, so often I take photos of plants in pots and the change the perspective changes the share of the pot. Sometimes it ends of looking very funny

Leia
2018-04-24 19:15

I think this would work really well if there wasn't a human subject in the photo and it was purely focusing on the wall itselfIdea.  It is really useful to know how this tool works. I, however, think that the person (Me!!) appears a little shorter and distorted which is a shame.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-04-24 20:33

#3: Yes, humans arenโ€™t made to be straightened. :-)

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย